UMANG: A Seamless Mobile Application For Accessing Various Government Services
Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance
UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is envisaged to make e-governance 'mobile first'. It is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
It is an evolving platform designed for citizens of India to offer them access to the pan-India e-Gov services from the Central, State, Local Bodies, and Agencies of government on app, web, SMS, and IVR channels.
- Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on a single platform to provide better and easier services to citizens.
- Mobile First Strategy: It aligns all government services with the mobile first strategy to leverage mobile adoption trends.
- Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov. Any new such service will automatically be integrated with the platform.
- Uniform Experience: It is designed to enable citizens to discover, download, access, and use all government services easily.
- Secure and Scalable: It supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. The sensitive profile data is saved in an encrypted format and no one can view this information.
UMANG provides easy access to a plethora of Indian government services ranging from – Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, Agriculture, Transport to even Utility and Employment and Skills.
Key Benefits for Citizens:
- Single-Point Ubiquitous Access: All government services are available for citizens on a unified platform for easy access through multiple online and offline channels (SMS, email, app, and web).
- More for Less: Only a single mobile app needs to be installed instead of each app of each department.
- Convenience: Citizens do not even need to install or update the app again to avail government services if more services are added to the platform.
- Saving of Time and Money: Citizens can anytime and anywhere avail these services through their mobile phones, desktops, and laptops without any need for visiting the department office and standing in queues.
- Uniform Experience: All the government services including payment-based transactions provide secure and uniform experience.
The Government of India is keen on making India fully digital in the coming years and is working towards that. For that purpose, the Government of India is encouraging everyone for digital transactions. So that every work can be done quickly and transparently. There is an initiative for that. Promoting a vibrant digital India program. 'Umong' is used for the Unified Mobile Application for New Age Governance and is conceived to create e-governance. The application has been created by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the National e-Governance Division (NeGD) to promote the Ms Digital India program. The main goal of launching this application is for the citizens of India to do all the activities online through a single platform. In just one click - it can be helpful to know about passport, Aadhar card, PAN card, gas cylinder, provident fund account etc. or solve related questions. In a nutshell, the government has basically an approach to provide almost all government mobile applications through a single platform. At present, we can install a single application for obtaining about 5 government services of five departments by 5 state government and central government.
Work methodology and services
Warmth provides all Government of India services from application center to local government bodies and other citizen centric services like support for a mobile application and digilokar. Currently provides a variety of services on the app, including agriculture, education, employment and skills, energy, finance, health, housing, police, public grievances, revenue, transportation and utilities. It will however provide integration with many other services in the coming days.
The Warm App is available for Android, iOS and Windows operating systems. Google it
Available for download at no cost from the Play Store, Apple's App Store, and the Windows Store. The app is available on many channels like mobile app, web, IVR, and SMS and can be accessed through smartphones, feature phones, tablets and desktops.
How to create and use a fun app account?
Open the app and enter details such as name, age, gender, phone number and support details to create the account.
Edit other details too.
After creating a warm account, go to the Services section to use the app.
Filter service sections, categories, and services on the sort in the app. To filter the best results from them, select the category and type of service and enter the state name to get the best results.
After sorting the option, simply switch to the option that best suits your needs and proceed with the application-defined process.
There we can find all the important government based portals and applications. Where we can easily track our IDs and services. We do not need to pay for this service. This is completely free for every Indian citizen. Another option for the hot app download for iPhone is also available for iPhone users.
How to download the app?